English translation is provided for convenience purposes only. The Japanese version of this document shall be regarded as the official version.
2. PROPER ACQUISITION AND UTILIZATION
The Company will acquire customers’ personal information to the extent necessary for business by legitimate and fair means. The Company will use it properly only for the purposes disclosed in “PURPOSE OF USE” and will not use them for the other purposes.
3. PURPOSE OF USE
The Company shall use customers’ personal information for the following purposes:
1. Provision of the Company’s products or services including the Company’s private block chain product “mijin” (the “Service”) and research and development for function expansion;
2. Notifications such as communication, mail magazine, direct mail with various announcements etc. with respect to the use of the Company’s products or services;
3. Notifications for the various campaigns or for conducting a questionnaire, monitoring, providing coverage etc. of the Company’s products or services;
4. Marketing, research or analysis for the purpose of the improvement or development of the new service of the Company’s products or services;
5. Provision of the maintenance or support of the Company’s products or services;
7. Dealing with breach of the Terms;
8. Provision of personal information to the companies using the Service, the alliance partners etc. based on the customers’ approval or application;
9. Verification of user’s own account at financial institutions;
10. Verification of the transfer to user’s account at financial institutions;
11. Confirmation or answer for the customers’ opinion or inquiry on the Company’s products or services;
12. Communication in emergencies; or
13. For any other purpose related to the above purposes.
4. CHANGE OF PURPOSE OF USE
The Company may change the purpose of use of personal information to the extent that the purpose of use after the change is deemed duly related to the original purpose of use. When the purpose of use has been changed, the Company shall notify the customer of, or publicly announce the purpose of use after the change.
5. RESTRICTION ON USE
The Company shall not use personal information, without the consent of the relevant customers, beyond the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use, unless permitted by the Act or other laws or regulations; provided, however, that this provision shall not apply if:
1. the use of personal information is based on laws and regulations;
2. the use of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the relevant customers;
3. the use of personal information is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the relevant customers; or
4. the use of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a national government, a local government, or a person or entity entrusted thereby in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and acquisition of the consent of the relevant customers may impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
6. SECURE MANAGEMENT
The Company shall strive to keep personal information accurate and up to date. Further, the Company shall sufficiently and appropriately supervise the Company’s employees to ensure the security control of personal information against the risk of loss, destruction, alteration or leakage. When the Company entrusts a third party with the handling of personal information in whole or in part, the Company shall sufficiently and appropriately supervise the third party to ensure the secure control of personal information.
7. PROVISION TO A THIRD PARTY
The Company shall not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the relevant customers, unless the disclosure is permitted by the Act or other laws or regulations; provided, however, that the following cases shall not be regarded as a provision to a third party:
1. Cases where the Company entrusts a third party with the handling of personal information within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use; or
2. Cases where personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise.
8. DISCLOSURE, CORRECTION, ETC.
In cases where the Company is requested by a customer to inform the purpose of use or to disclose, correct, add, delete, discontinue using, erasing or discontinue providing the personal information (the “Disclosure”) under the Act, the Company shall, after confirming that the request is made by the principal, disclose the personal information to the customer within a reasonable period and range, except in cases where the Company is not obliged to disclose such personal information under the Act or other laws or regulations. [Please note that the Company will charge a fee (1000 yen (including tax) per disclosure) to the customer for the provision of information.]
9. HANDLING OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION
The Company shall not acquire, use, or provide to third party, “Special care-required personal information” defined in paragraph 3 of Article 2 of the Act and information on participation in union activities, race, family origin and registered domicile, health care, sex life (the “sensitive information”) other than for cases listed below:
1. Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws and regulations;
2. Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for protection of the life, body, or property of an individual;
3. Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children;
4. Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with state institution, a local public body, or an individual entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws;
5. Cases in which acquiring, using, and providing sensitive information to a third party within the purview of political or religious groups or labor unions affiliated to the employee within the range necessary for the execution of administrative procedures for tax collection at sources, etc. is necessary;
6. Cases in which acquiring, using, and providing sensitive information to a third party within the range necessary for the execution of the transfer of rights and obligations arising from inheritance procedures is necessary;
7. Cases in which acquiring, using, and providing sensitive information to a third party within the range necessary for the execution of business operation based on the consent of the person, in order to secure an appropriate conduct of business operation in insurance and other financial field business, is necessary; and
8. Cases in which the use of biometrical information, falling under the category of sensitive information for personal identification and based on the person’s consent, is necessary.
Cookies or similar technologies may be used in the Company’s product or service. Such technologies help the Company to recognize the status of use of the Service or the Company’s other services, etc. and contribute to improvement of the services. When a user intends to disable cookies, the user may disable cookies by changing the web browser settings. Please note that when cookies are disabled, parts of the service may be unavailable.
With respect to requests for disclosure, etc., comments, questions, complaints and other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, please contact the following:
Tech Bureau Holdings, Corp.
Personal information inquiry contact
Tel : [+81-3-4350-0344]
[Effective as of 01,05, 2018]